HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    Forum & Information
SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

SP away from home. How to travel back?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Travel

Anthony Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: SP away from home. How to travel back?

Hi everyone!

My SP happened 16 months ago. I'm not too worried anymore, except when I have to fly to other countries for work, as I usually have to travel to other countries between 4 and 6 times every year for expos and conferences regarding my work.

When I do, I'm always afraid. Not so much to get a SP while in the flight, but much more to get a SP while I'm more than 2000km away from home. Or, even worse, when I'm out of continental Europe and the only option to come back is planes and boats.

If you were to have a SP while you were 3000km away from home, how would you get back? Is travelling by plane with the chest tube an option?

I suppose it would release pressure and allow you to arrive "safe" to your country so that you would then go directly from the airport to the hospital to continue the "treatment". But is this really an option?

Or any other option would be a better choice?

I fear the idea of staying for 1 week or more in an hospital in a foreign country where I don't have family, friends, where I can't speak the local idiom, etc. I tend to think that I would prefer to rent a car and drive back with the tube in my chest, hehehe, or by train...

Getting a 2nd SP while I'm in my hometown or country is one thing (of course I don't want it to happen, but I'm not fearful about it anymore) but getting it while I'm far away and "alone" is one other thing and it doesn't allow me to enjoy my time when I travel to other countries..

What would you do?

Thanks and kind regards,

A.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Travel
Page 1 of 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions