HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    Forum & Information
SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

Pain relief medication post surgery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Pain Management

paulaoneill25 Reply with quote
Trainee Blebber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Pain relief medication post surgery

I'm one of those people that cannot tolerate morphine and codeine based painkillers after a day or so when in hospital they make me so sick and sometimes that is worse than pain or hampers any recovery whilst you are in hospital. They also pumped me full of anti emetics to stop throwing up, but once it has started there is no stopping it!
I was just wondering what other types of pain relief are available for people like me should the need ever arise again (touch wood it doesnt!). Its just something I have always wondered about and always promised myslf that I would have nothing next time, but that may not be an option?

Rossoe Reply with quote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Hi Paula

An old favourite of mine is a microwave heat bag, it used to help me no end with pain relief. admittedly if the pain is severe it may not touch it, but the heat penetrates fairly deep if you keep it in one location, it get's to the heart of some fairly awkward pains.

I guess that a hot water bottle would also do a similar job.

Ross

AugustusR Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

A friend of mine fills a sock with rice and puts it in the microwave. Keeps the heat for a while and helps with the pain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Pain Management
Page 1 of 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions