HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    Forum & Information
SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

Pneumothorax (and hemothorax) in PC game!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> General Discussion

swede Reply with quote
Experienced Blebber

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject: Pneumothorax (and hemothorax) in PC game!

Pretty cool - there is a realistic PC management game where you build up a clinic/hospital and treat patients with real symptoms/diagnoses!
Among them we have pneumothorax, hemothorax, and tension pneumothorax.
Very cool! Cool

You have 9 departments, and most are split into a clinic side (doctors offices) and a hospitalization side (wards and HDU). Then we have radiology and labs that of course have no hospitalization, and ICU that of course has no offices but only beds.

https://www.gog.com/game/project_hospital
https://store.steampowered.com/app/868360/Project_Hospital/

What's sad though is they don't have the correct treatment for pneumothorax - they use USG-guided thoracentesis, which is when you enter with a small needle and tap out pleural (bacterial) water into a plastic bag.

I'm trying on their forum to have them update it to using a chest tube, which would be correct enough for a game. They seem to focus on realism, so the different pneumothorax-diagnoses would really deserve a better implementation in the game I believe.
Think I'm the only one complaining about this at their forum though so maybe won't happen... Confused

https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/t2545-pneumothorax-not-realistic-with-thoracentecis-treatment

If you like management games, check it out! Beware of the steep learning curve though!
It's pretty cool with our own special diagnose in the game, just as we very often see it used in movies or TV series, which I guess most people in here have noticed Cool
Just hope they make a quick update in the game for the treatment...unless they think this is close enough and don't want to bother.

Rossoe Reply with quote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Did they get back to you swede?

swede Reply with quote
Experienced Blebber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Rossoe wrote:
Did they get back to you swede?

Sorry for late answer!

Yes they gave me feedback in mail, after I complained yet once more Twisted Evil
They are aware of pneumothoraxes being unrealistic in the game, but it will take a lot of effort to fix everything, and it all needs to be translated to like 20 different languages and so on and so on.
Sounds like it might never be fixed, but they are aware of it and if they some day run out of more important things to do...who knows...

But it bugs me that this condition, that is often misunderstood, even by doctors, are treated this way in the game.
Specially when many medical students are playing this, thinking they learn real-life stuff! Sad

Imagine treating a tension pneumo at a hospital by sending them straight to ICU for intubation/ventilation - talk about instakill!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> General Discussion
Page 1 of 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions