HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    Forum & Information
SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

Memoirs of a Geisha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Movie Reviews

Sam Reply with quote
Trainee Blebber

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Memoirs of a Geisha

I watched 'Memoirs of a Geisha' last night - it is brilliant!

I'm generally someone that watches a film once, can't quote the lines and then completely forgets all about it. Anyway...to the film...

Memoirs of a Geisha is set in pre WW2 Japan and tells the story of a young girls life, in a nutshell she is from a farming background and enter the world of the geisha's.

Probably one for the girls but certainly not a 'chick flick' - I would recommend this film to everyone. The story twists and turns and I was captivated throughout.

I must admit that I didn't know much about the Japanese culture prior to watching the film, but now I really want to go to Japan and learn more about the culture and the country.

Go watch it....!

(...would be interested to hear what other thought/think...)

Rossoe Reply with quote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject:

I had a look at this one on your recommendation, and it's a great film. Bit disturbing to find out about the thinly veiled prostitution going on in Japan under the guise of the "Geisha"

Japan's a wonderful country, shame it's so damn far away otherwise I'd love to visit.

seth Reply with quote
Trainee Blebber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Yes brilliant film, I've put it in my top three of the year!!! Great Sound track music too, Ive got the album and its a jaw dropping piece of artistic classical music!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Movie Reviews
Page 1 of 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions